We, Indian women, are blessed with a colorful, assorted wardrobe! This is such a great way to change looks and have fun. Whatever you wear, here are five essential types of jewelry that you should have with you all the time!
Everyday wear earrings
This can be a mix of simple studs, small jhumkas or danglers. The simpler they are, the more sturdy will they be. These are earrings that you wear all day long, to office, to college, to school or while at home. Always choose neutral colors like gold, silver or black to make sure they can be paired with different attires.
- Too much bling
- Heavy earrings
- Really huge ones that keep getting in your way (imagine a big, clumsy earring between your ear and the phone you love!!)
- Specific colors that do not compliment most of your wardrobe
Chunky finger rings
These huge finger rings are a rage these days. I absolutely love them and think they elevate your style totally. You do not have to buy expensive metals (most of our paychecks don’t give us that leverage!) Cheaper metals ones do the trick. Choose classy designs for all your ethnic wear. Go and pick up funky designs and styles for your western clothing.
- Combining big finger rings with several pieces of bangles/bracelets. These rings look beautiful as a standalone piece
- Choosing sharp-edged rings. You will end up hurting yourself and people around you if you are not careful!
‘I am going to rock the party’ jewelry
If you are from India or have friends/family here, there will be no dearth of festivals/parties/functions. Party wear jewelry is usually expensive and this is why you should be intelligent in choosing them. Never buy specific colored ones. You cannot wear them with any other attire. Go for colors like gold, silver, black metal etc. with no or very little colors.
You do not have to invest in jewelry every time. Be creative and mix and match things you have. A small necklace can turn into a tikka or a headpiece. If you are thin enough (saying this with jealousy), you can even add some connectors and wear them as a hip chain.
- Heavy jewelry that you cannot carry around the whole day
- Color specific jewelry that cannot be re-worn for a different occasion
- Very expensive ones
The subtle yet traditionally appealing jewelry
This is in between simple everyday wear jewelry and bright, big party wear ones. Jhumkas are an inevitable part of this segment. Big hooped jhumkas with a thin pendant/neck piece on an Indian attire makes you look heavenly! Jhumkas with studs look elegant. Our removable jhumka with studs give you the advantage of adding or removing the jhumkas based on how you want them!
- Very simple, tiny designs
- Lots of stones and colors and bling
- Accessorizing several pieces of jewelry at the same time
The ‘funky you’ jewelry
When you put on western wear, you have to change the accessories with it! Funky, bold pieces of jewelry are your thing. The trick here is to be unique and not over accessorize. If you wear a big earring, go easy on the neckpiece. The reverse also stands good. Choose colorful designs, bright, bold pieces for simple blouses and tops and rock the look.
- Lots of stones and beads
- Traditional designs
- Over accessorizing
Go be beautiful!!!